Remember the dip I raved about a week ago? Well, I made a double batch of it for my brother’s rehearsal (minus the rehearsing) dinner on Friday night. The recipe can be found on Frank’s RedHot site. It’s easy, tasty and a serious crowd pleaser. Unless one of the people in the crowd is my brother Ron, who pretty much hates everything I make. Here he is as Best Man with my niece, Paige, who was just five a couple of minutes ago. Yikes!
- 8 oz. pkg.cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S REDHOT Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S REDHOT Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cupcrumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- HEAT oven to 350.
- Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
- MIX in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
Here is what a double batch looks like:
I used rotisserie chicken (more than what you will see in the photo) and 1/2 blue cheese crumbles with 1/2 shredded mozzarella and Ranch dressing. I don’t love using bottled Ranch, it is just plain full of yucky stuff. However, I wasn’t about to make dressing from scratch for this gooey dip. When going bad, go real bad. I have to say that I like the way that Katherine’s dip turned out better. I felt like mine was a bit too thick, so I’ll need to chat with her and report back about what she says.
Oh…and I made mine in the Ninja! I’d love to try a crock pot version next. This dip is best when kept nice and hot.
Let me stop to say that this dip is just not very photogenic. Luckily, it is friggin’ delicious.