I have a favorite pancake recipe that I suh-wear by. I pimped it out a bit today with some chocolate chips and bananas and oh mama, these guys are goody. They were made for my kids, but I did eat the left over half on Max’s plate. No shame, I know.
- cup whole wheat flour
- 2 T. sugar (raw or other sweeteners are fine)
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 T. plain greek yogurt (applesauce or regular yogurt work too)
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- syrup or maple agave nectar
- Mix dry ingredients together. Whisk wet ingredients in separate bowl, making sure greek yogurt is broken down. Fold wet mix into the dry, mixing until combined. As with any pancake batter, lumps are normal.
- -Spoon mixture on to hot, non-stick pan. Immediately drop thin slices of banana on the cooking cake. Just before flipping the pancake, sprinkle chocolate chips over the bubbling batter.
Enjoy and let the tears flow!