Don’t these snack bars look yummy? Have you noticed the influx of fake homemade style snacks in the granola bar section of stores? I have! These are so simple and quick, you’ll have no reason to buy the prepackaged variety. I found the recipe in my Whole Foods app and was really surprised just how yummy they turned out. I think experimenting with whole wheat and gluten free flours would be pretty fun.
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup dried dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 X 9 inch pan
- Cream the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and milk. Stir in the apples.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, mix thoroughly. Stir in the nuts and dates.
- Spread dough into greased pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch square bars.
We enjoyed our Easter weekend and hope you did too, whether or not you celebrate. The kids are on a serious sugar come-down and these bars have been a sneaky way to help pull them out.
It feels strange to write so many posts that are just straight up about yummy food. What happened to the laughs of yore? I’ll tell you.
- Last week was Spring Break and having kids full time made me remember why I like coffee and date nights.
- I’ve been reformatting and working this blog and it has kind of killed all the humor in my brain.
- I’m so annoyed at Target for lowering their selection in almost all departments.
- The grumps have taken me over this morning after reading annoying Facebook posts.
- Basically all the first world problems you can think of that totally don’t matter are bothering me this morning.
Now that I am thinking about it, I know what’s up!!!!
I have been drinking tea instead of coffee the past two days. Here is how I just cheered myself up, I suggest you do the same!